03 August 2011

Gratitude

One thing I forgot to mention about all this online business: gratitude.

I started reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. As I read my mind drifted away to how this book found its way into my hands. A friend mentioned Ann's blog, A Holy Experience, and another posted about the book. Then I read the chapter Ann wrote in The Spirit of Food and finally started reading her blog. Then I read another post about the book, then another. And today I picked it up from the library.

This isn't the first book that's found its way to me like this. In fact, much of what I've read and learned over the years has been because of my little online community, those kindred spirits who seems to always offer support and kindness when it's needed. Maybe I'm being a bit overly romantic here, but it's good to have a place to return to when the world can be so harsh, a place that reminds me that His mercies really are new every morning.

I need that reminder. I am grateful for it.

1 comment:

Sandra Lundy said...

I started reading One Thousand Gifts recently, as well. It's wonderful. I take bits of it at a time and think about it, write about it in my journal. I also began reading her blog. I love her writing...so peaceful and gentle.