09 June 2011

Farm Walk

I haven't been to Lollypop Farm since I was a kid. We would occasionally drive out to see the cats and dogs available for adoption (though never actually adopted one) and head out back to the petting zoo. Now it's more expansive with an entire farm walk where you can see horses, cows, pigs, and other barnyard animals, in addition to the petting zoo with the sheep and goats.

Yesterday, in the ninety degree heat, Lily and I wandered around looking at the animals and practicing what each animal says. I'm glad to be able to show her what these animals really look like, a stark contrast to the cartoon versions in most of her books. And she doesn't skip a beat. She knows a horse when she sees it, and by the end of the walk, she was leading me around like an old pro.

No comments: