11 January 2010

How We Operate

Operation Decorate | Includes but is not limited to:
:: painting bookshelf (see blue above)
:: painting dresser (see yellow above)
:: making curtains for the kitchen window
:: purchasing this poster
:: sewing pillow covers
:: framing photos (and ordering a few more from Snapfish)
:: making this wreath to hang above the fireplace
:: rearranging the living room furniture

So far, the bookshelf is almost finished. I have a lot of work ahead of me.Operation 5252 | I'm a bit ahead of schedule, having read two books already. But I'm spinning my tires a bit with Considering the Lobster. I just don't really like it and fear I may be the only one, as I've heard nothing but good things from people about David Foster Wallace and this book in particular. I'm also making my way slowly through Walking on Water, treating it more like a devotional and taking in only small chunks at a time.

Operation Sleep | This is not going so well. I've been having trouble falling asleep and I'm falling down tired. I have no idea what's going on.

Operation Church | We had lunch with the pastors (a husband and wife) of the new church we've been attending. At a pub. It was great -- football, greasy food, great conversation.

One thing in particular: The wife is a former wedding photographer who still dabbles in photography. She told me about a photography club in town, and we're planning to go to a meeting together.

Also: We really love this church. I don't know that I've ever been so excited about church before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that poster! I am planning on getting it myself soon.