19 November 2010

Friday Happiness

Red! Red leaves! In the backyard!

Having looked hastily for autumn's colors it didn't occur to me that they weren't as ready as I am. Last week I looked to no avail. But this week is different. The tree in the backyard is slowly changing colors from bright red at its very top to a flurry of greens and yellows at the bottom.

Even walking the neighborhood I find myself stopping to examine a particular tree that's decided to turn in favor of fall colors. Each time =the view is slightly different, a lovely reminder of time's slow passing.

I sat outside this afternoon, reading a book while Lily tinkered around, and one heart-shaped leaf fell right beside me. I took it inside and placed it on my desk as a reminder that life is good and that autumn is indeed beautiful.

No comments: