23 January 2010

Stepping Forward, Stepping Back

Forward

Thursday night, I found myself at the home of one of the mom's who takes her baby to storytime at the library. She decided to form a book club, composed of mostly new moms, and I am more than honored to be a part of it. We spent the evening getting to know each other and deciding which books we'll read this year. My choice is White Teeth by Zadie Smith.

One of the pastors at our new church is really into photography. She turned me on to a photography club here in Mobile that meets monthly and also offers classes on the cheap. Fantastic! We've already made plans to attend a meeting together.

I love our neighbors. We have spent many afternoons and evenings with them, swinging on the porch swing and watching football. It's been such a blessing to be able to walk out the front door and be with friends.

Back

We are headed to Rochester on Wednesday. Vacation! Yes! I don't know if it's that I really need a vacation or that vacation is so close, but I'm ready. I need to get away. I feel like I'm loaded down with a lot of mental clutter, and I need a break. I think 10 days away should do it.

So, I'm taking a break from blogging and stepping away from the computer for a while. I need time to rest, relax, and nourish my spirit. But I'll be back, don't worry.

Until then, cheers!

1 comment:

westcoastsoul said...

White Teeth is amazing! I read it in my Studies in Fiction class in college. Great choice for a book club; there is so much to discuss :D