06 November 2009

Friday, with Sticks!

We sat outside in the grass this afternoon. It's becoming a cool weather tradition. Lily's better at sitting up by herself now (though I still have to spot her), but she's even better at grabbing sticks and leaves and sticking them in her mouth. And, no, I'm not one of those moms who worries about her eating dirt. It's going to happen whether I try to stop her or not. She may be preparing for life as a farmer, though. It's still undecided.

After a rough week, I'm having to force myself to slow down and relax. I've been awful at it, and now I'm very, very tired. I'm looking forward to the end of the semester and getting some time off from working. I've been terribly out of balance. Time to just take care of Lily and Adam, and time to rest, will do me good.

My mom is flying in tomorrow for a short visit. I'm looking forward to having a date or two with Adam and having a chance to spend some time alone while my mom watches Lily. And, of course, I'm looking forward to hanging out with her, too.

A few things I found this week worth a peek: this, this, this, and that.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: