14 September 2009

30 Days of Happiness

If there's one thing I'd like to achieve for my life, it's balance. If there's one thing that I'd say is missing from my life right now, it's balance. Life has become unbalanced, messy, scattered.

I went back and reread my Curator article on living simply, my preparenthood manifesto, my complete idiot's guide to authentic living. And then I half laughed, half sank into the chair at how naive my little pregnant self was. I knew becoming a mother would be hard, but I had no idea what I was in for. No one does, and if they did, they would probably never have babies.

In spite of things, I still believe strongly in simple living, and I still want to find balance and joy in my life. Somewhere amidst the chaos it's here -- I suppose I just have to find it. Our move plays a big part of it, leaving the old behind, erasing some of the mental clutter. I'm ready to move forward.

As I navigated around the interwebs this morning, I happened upon 30 Days of Happiness. It's simple: Every day, focus on the simple, the joyful, the peaceful, the happy, in an effort to genuinely appreciate living. It's time to slow down, relax, and get some perspective.

Tomorrow I begin my own 30 Days of Happiness.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just happened to find your blog just messing around with the "next blog" tab. Our babies are close in age, and I enjoyed reading your posts. Great work!
Jen Carlson