25 February 2011

Friday Happiness


From my journal today:
There is very little more to be grateful for than to find Lily sitting on the back step in the perfect late afternoon light. After running across the house to grab my camera, I snap her photograph and all that has not been well in this day suddenly is. I try to hold every moment with her in my mind, knowing I will never remember it all. The camera helps and for that I am grateful. I admire my almost two year-old. She is spunky and sweet. She loves dresses and getting dirty. She loves books and I secretly pine for the day I can buy her a camera and we can shoot pictures together. There is so much ahead of us. So much.

1 comment:

Christine said...

This made me tear up a little. So sweet. Lily is lucky to have a mommy who treasures every minute like you. It's so wonderful having a daughter.