16 December 2010

Why I Love Shooting Film

Today I have an essay up at Art House Blog on why I love shooting film. I picked up another roll this morning, and I am always in awe -- not so much at my skills as what film can do. It's magical.

A mere two weeks are left in this year and I have decided that in 2011 I won't be continuing the 365 Project. Of course I'll still be shooting both of my cameras a lot, but it's gotten to the point where at the end of the day I haven't taken a picture and I end up taking a picture of the table. Again. I attribute a lot of my growth as a photographer to that project, and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, but it's time for me to take a break.

I'm kind of relieved, actually. I am not taking on any crazy year-long challenges for 2011, which as my friend Jessie pointed out is actually a year-long challenge in itself. Haha. At any rate, I'm worn out. I want to take photos when I want and read books when I want and knit when I want. Take that, 2011!

No comments: