It occurred to me yesterday that I had grossly overestimated the size of the hat I was making for Lily. Like a lot. Like the hat was going to be closer to my size than hers. And my head is far bigger than her head is, trust me. But I persevered, hoping against hope that it would fit me and I wouldn't have made an irreversible blunder.
But I did. It was irreversible.
I tried it on. It looked ridiculous!
Then I tried it on Lily. Cute, but huge.She could grow into it in, oh, about ten years, but I'm not that patient. So, it's back to the drawing board, which I've decided means tearing it apart and starting over. I think (I hope!) I can get it right on the second try if I use this pattern instead. Fingers crossed!