30 November 2009

Bittersweet

With the onset of the holidays came the first colds of the season for us. Lily had her first runny nose, and I was so sick I couldn't stay awake for more than a half hour at a time. Thankfully, Adam wasn't sick and was able to pick up the slack. He even washed diapers and refused help when putting them back together. And he made chili. What a guy.

I'm still a bit under the weather, but had to make my way to work for the last class of the semester. It's bittersweet. I'm still a bit sad about not teaching in the spring but, good Lord, I need a break. December should be very restful, even with the holiday hubbub.

So, here I sit in my office, a copy of On Beauty at my side to pass the time and Christmas carols playing on the computer. Bittersweet, yes, but also just right.

5 comments:

KelMo said...

that pic is great!

kate o. said...

i almost lost it the first time ALL FOUR of us were sick at the same time. i think i blocked all of that out of my memory.

made chili and stuffed diapers? wonderful. now only if he'd strap that sling on... ;)

Laura Leigh Dobson said...

its funny how even the hard times can hold something to treasure.

i continue to love you blog writing and your pictures. you have a gift. :-)

Lindsay said...

Kelly, I had no idea you blog! How wonderful. :)

Kate, I can't even imagine. You are a brave mama, and also, sort of, my hero. Omar needs to give Adam a good talkin' to!


Laura, you are so sweet. Thank you.

Anna said...

hello! what a beautiful blog you have here, i'm so glad to have found it.