19 September 2009

30 Days of Happiness | Compliments and Complimentary Coffee

Who knew Lily and I would be so popular at Target today?

I got a late start after staying up far too late last night, and headed to Target to do some grocery shopping. Usually I try to get there as early as possible, like before 8 a.m., to avoid bumping into people in the aisles. My approach to grocery shopping is to get through it as quickly as possible. I don't linger. I don't price compare. I know what I want, so just get out of my way already.

Today, though, Lily and I got to the store around 11, and it was already packed with people. I put her in the sling, grabbed a cart, and off we went. Since we're usually there when almost no one is shopping, I had no idea that every woman and small girl in the store would stop us to smile at Lily and ask how old she is. Every single one. It put a serious dent in my plan to get done as quickly as possible, but I sort of ate it up. I mean, Lily is only this little for so long, so I might as well enjoy the attention. I love when people tell me how cute she is, and I love it even more when they smile at her and she flashes her little gummy smile back. That's my girl!

Then, to top off this most enjoyable trip to Target, I was given a coupon for a free drink from the Starbucks at the front of the store. A free drink? I'll take it! Of course, a line of women piled up behind us as the barrista made my latte, and they all oohed and ahhed over Lily. If only every trip to the grocery store was so sweet!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it! How I long for a cup of Starbucks...