21 June 2009

Father's Day, Sewing, & The Curator

Today is Adam's first Father's Day. Unfortunately, he's spending it at the emergency room working one of his rotations for school. It's hotter than Hades here, leaving me, Lily, and the animals indoors. Being inside, though, isn't much better than being out. The house we rent isn't insulated well, so the air conditioner has been running almost nonstop and the thermostat reads 82. I have the blinds most of the way closed and have done little more than finish watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, take a nap, and snap a few dad's day pics of the peanut.
We're hoping Daddy might come home for dinner tonight!

I am also hoping to get some sewing done. I was given a gift card to Barnes & Noble and immediately ran out to buy Lotta Jansdotter's new book, Simple Sewing for Baby. It's fantastic and has a lot of projects I'd like to tackle. I also got some fun new fabric. I washed it this morning, so I just need to press it, sharpen my scissors, and get sewing.

In unrelated news, my newest Curator article went up on Friday. I interviewed a friend from college who is getting her Ph.D. in addition to having her own sewing business. Talk about ambitious!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

How'd you like Benjamin Button? The story is superb.

(Have we already had this conversation?)